We approach law by focusing on our clients. This allows our lawyers to best understand client needs, build trusting relationships, and provide the most comprehensive solutions possible.
This focus comes from a choice to live and breathe our values every day. Pitblado Law a business-minded law Firm that cares about people, is passionate about community, and is driven by working together to enrich the lives and businesses we touch. We have a bold vision, and the only way to achieve it is by earning the trust of every client, every day.
To be a trusted law Firm through exceptional counsel, integrity, innovative approach, and proactive client solutions.
To deliver excellence in creative solutions for clients through business knowledge, superior advocacy, innovative and strategic approach, and fresh insight.
Like many firms, Pitblado is the result of a rich history that saw us evolve through a series of mergers since 1882, establishing our Firm as the second oldest practice in Manitoba. Since then, we have learned our clients want a Firm that is current with today’s practices and technologies, and capable of responding to their needs now and well into the future.
For over 130 years, Pitblado has proudly served the most complex transactions through leadership in law and unparalleled trust with our clients. This is why we blend traditions of success with current market knowledge; lending innovative approach to providing clients with exceptional counsel and proactive solutions.
Pitblado understands people want to do business with a firm that lives and breathes its values, and supports the community in which we live, work, and play. We are proud of our long history of involvement across Manitoba, and are especially proud of our Raising the Bar initiative directly focused on supporting youth.
Raising the Bar is a program that provides funding to a variety of individual youth and youth-based programs in Manitoba. By investing in the leaders of tomorrow, we create a better community, a brighter Winnipeg, and a stronger Manitoba together.
Raising the Bar helps provide opportunities for growth, development, and learning for youth. Before applying, candidates should ensure all eligibility criteria are met to be considered eligible.
- The individual and/or benefiting program encompasses youth 18 years of age or under (in the Province of Manitoba) at time of application
- The program and/or organization is based in and/or registered within Manitoba
- The request aligns with our values (collaborative, committed, engaged, innovative, respectful, and strategic); and would instill pride in us through participating
- A prior track record of success has been illustrated by individual, group, or program
- The individual, program, and/or organization has illustrated a clear plan and/or strategy to achieve intended goals
- Details of intended fund allocation have been provided (ex. upcoming milestones, competitions and/or training camps, dates, and locations have been shared)
- The program and/or organization has not been a prior recipient of Pitblado funding and/or corporate sponsorship (i.e. no recipient funded more than once)
- The program and/or organization is willing to receive support in-kind (value for services, counsel, and/or advisory rendered by Pitblado)
- The program and/or organization agrees Pitblado is an industry exclusive supporter/sponsor
- Employees of Pitblado LLP or Coordinated Management Services (CMS) (collectively "Pitblado") and their immediate family members with whom they reside, as well as independent contractors of Pitblado and their immediate family members with whom they reside, are not eligible for funding through Raising the Bar
- Applicants who are delinquent in any indebtedness to Pitblado in respect of any claims or accounts are also not eligible
Initiatives ineligible to receive Raising the Bar funding include:
- Research and/or capital funding campaigns
- National fundraising campaigns
- For-profit organizations
- Political parties and/or candidates
- Religious organizations
- Military organizations
- Individual or commercial pursuits
- Personal social pursuits (wedding socials, trips, etc.)
- Professional or technical associations
HOW TO APPLY
All applications and inquiries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions via phone call, text, hard copy, internet, and/or other means of communication will not be accepted. Please note: while we receive many exceptional applications throughout the year that meet all criteria, we cannot guarantee all candidates will receive funding.