3. Marketing Coordinator
At Pitblado Law, we believe our people, our culture and the way we do business is important. That’s why when we hire; we look for a combination of fit and skills.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Director of Business Development and Marketing (“DBDM”), you will provide business development, marketing, and administrative support for the delivery of various projects and programs, maintain digital assets, track and report all business development and marketing activities, create and maintain business development and marketing materials and online information, and assist with event planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Firm online presence: pitblado.com, social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook), BD&M pages on intranet site, post updates as required. Proactively recommend content. Proactively monitor website for dated content and provide suggestions for enhancement in keeping with the Firm’s messaging, strategy, and branding. Liaise with Firm’s online vendor(s). Train lawyers on set-up and use of social media tools as required. Manage LinkedIn Concierge Service.
- Coordinate updates to Marketing materials: graphic design, production, and editing/proofreading of Firm marketing materials and RFPs as required. Coordinate print jobs. Maintain the Firm’s business card and nametag production. Assist lawyers with production of marketing/sales materials and assembling materials for presentations/client meetings/prospect meetings.
- Administer the Firm’s promotional items program: Recommend items to the DBDM, liaise with promotional suppliers, purchase items, process invoices, update the internal catalogue, maintain inventory, and promote the items to lawyers.
- Administer sponsorship, donation, and gift basket opportunities: review lawyer requests, direct recommendations to DBDM, process invoices, contact requestors with positive or negative responses,
- Advertising: Create the design, proofreading, and placement of Firm advertisements. This could be digital and/or print.
- Tracking and reporting: maintain the ongoing tracking programs.
- Assist with the organization of Firm internal and external events: logistics, event planning (venue, A/V and other equipment, décor, food and beverage, set-up, clean-up, marketing and presentation materials), design and distribution of invitations, registration process, liaise with external providers as required, on-site coordinator of the event as required, process and input all payments.
- Maintain the marketing activity planner and events calendar.
- Maintain the Firm CRM: general data entry, maintain the Firm contact database, and data entry of prospecting activities.
- Provide clerical and general administrative support to the DBDM.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Required:
- Post-secondary diploma in Business with an emphasis on Marketing or Communications or combination of education and experience with a minimum of 2 years administrative experience in a marketing, sales, account management, or business development capacity in a professional services organization.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with InDesign (or similar graphic design software), Illustrator, Photoshop, MailChimp, and WordPress is required. Experience with social media platforms for business and Google Analytics is an asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are essential, including relationship building with lawyers, staff, vendors, partners, and sponsorship contacts. Experience writing for internal and external audiences. Excellent command of grammar and spelling.
- High attention to detail and quality with exceptional proofreading skills.
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to plan, implement, and develop effective processes. Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and/or direction. Display initiative. Strong problem solving skills required.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and complete them under tight time constraints. Ability to track and report activities.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Flexibility in daily work schedule around breaks and lunch period is required.
- Work occasionally requires standing for up to 7 hours per day and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations.