Pitblado Law is a business-minded law firm that cares about people, is passionate about our community, and is driven by working together to enrich the lives and businesses we touch. We have a bold vision, and the only way to achieve it is by earning the trust of every client, every day.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will provide administrative support in a variety of HR related areas, including attendance and vacation tracking, absence management, maintaining employee records, recruitment and act as backup to the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily monitoring of employee absences, coordinating coverage, and reporting.
- Receive and process vacation requests and coordinate appropriate coverage.
- Coordinate work for the evening shift.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into HR database and other supporting applications, including updating and maintaining the firm's attendance and vacation tracking system according to specified procedures and deadlines.
- Assist the HR Manager with recruitment including drafting and posting job vacancies, reviewing resumes, telephone screening, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks and prepare offer letters, training schedule and takes part in new hire onboarding.
- Backup for the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator, therefore, will be required to process payrolls and assist with benefits administration.
- Assist with employee matters.
- Assist with coordination of annual performance appraisal process.
- Prepare and revise correspondence, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive employee and HR related records to ensure a smooth and organized operation.
- Update and maintain the staff manual, update the Firm's intranet; ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations and legislation.
- Open and close HR and admin related files.
- Organize the Annual Flu Clinic, Take our Kids to Work Day and assists with Staff Appreciation Week, Annual Holiday Dinner, Service Awards, etc.
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A degree in a post-secondary education specializing in HR Management
- 1 - 2 years HR related work experience working in a professional services environment;
- Previous experience with payroll and benefits administration is desirable;
- Solid knowledge of employment related legislation and regulations;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team however is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision;
- Sound judgement with the ability to work under pressure and maintain composure while demonstrating a sense of urgency in order to meet competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to consistently deliver quality service;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and the ability to think and act proactively;
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at http://www.pitblado.com/careers.
Please include in the subject line of your email: Human Resources Coordinator.
We thank all applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.