At Pitblado Law, we believe our people, our culture and the way we do business is important. That's why when we hire, we look for a combination of fit and skills. We are seeking a motivated Labour and Employment Legal Assistant.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performing clerical and administrative duties for two lawyers and managing responsibilities within the share.
- Taking instruction, prioritizing incoming work and following through on assignments ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Transcribing, drafting, editing and formatting routine correspondence, memoranda and documents from digital dictation and/or precedents including statements of claim, statements of defense, briefs, affidavit of documents, appeal records and pleadings for use at administrative tribunals.
- Liaising with lawyers, clients, Courts, and administrative tribunals.
- Responding to routine inquiries from clients and taking messages as required.
- Updating calendars for assigned lawyers, including meetings, appointments, court dates and due dates. Monitoring deadlines and sending reminders as required and maintaining a bring forward system.
- Opening files, entering and finalizing time, preparing statements of account and closing files.
- Maintaining an organized electronic and physical filing system on a current basis.
- Reviewing and routing incoming mail and faxes, preparing and processing outgoing mail, courier deliveries, faxes, etc.
- Providing backup assistance to various professionals and/or assistants as required.
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- Diploma/Certificate in a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment and/or Litigation experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong time management, organizational, multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to display initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010.
If you are looking for a full-time permanent position, are a team player, with the ability to work in an organized and efficient manner and you are eager to learn, we are interested in you!
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at https://www.pitblado.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in Pitblado Law, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.