At Pitblado Law, we believe our people, our culture and the way we do business is important. That's why when we hire; we look for a combination of fit and skills.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the daily staffing requirements, approving and arranging coverage for vacation requests and absences, coordinating work for the evening shift staff;
- Assisting the Manager, Human Resources with staff recruitment including preparing advertisements, screening resumes, telephone screening, scheduling interviews and checking references;
- Recording and updating our database with HR related information; vacation, attendance, applicants, new hires, departures, addresses, emergency contacts, exit interviews etc.
- Maintaining and organizing all employment files and other HR related files within the HR department;
- Documenting employee matters on a timely basis;
- Drafting/preparing correspondence;
- Preparing and assembling new hire and departure paperwork, preparing training schedules and orientation packages for new staff;
- Maintaining and updating a bring forward system;
- Organizing and forwarding performance evaluations to supervisors/managers on a timely basis and monitoring the return of completed evaluation forms, assembling the review packages and providing them to the Manager, Human Resources;
- Monthly vacation and attendance reports and summaries;
- Updating and maintaining the staff manual on a timely basis as new policies are approved and when revisions are made; including posting on the intranet; ensuring compliance with federal and provincial regulations and legislation;
- Providing guidance with respect to the interpretation and application of the Firm's policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with federal and provincial regulations and legislation;
- Backup to the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator; including processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, benefits administration (group insurance, RRSP/DPSP, CSBs, gym memberships, parking etc.) and other duties as required;
- Organizing the Annual Flu Clinic, Take our Kids to Work Day and assisting with organizing events for Administrative Professionals Week celebrations, Annual Holiday Party and other events as required;
- Notifying the HR Manager of upcoming staff long term service awards;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A degree in a post-secondary education specializing in HR Management
- Minimum 2 years of HR-related work experience working within a professional environment;
- Demonstrates the ability to document processes and procedures;
- Solid knowledge of employment related legislation and regulations;
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure while demonstrating a sense of urgency in order to meet competing deadlines;
- Experience in payroll and payroll software application(s);
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to consistently deliver quality service;
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills and ability to think and act proactively;
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, previous experience with an HRIS would be an asset.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at http://www.pitblado.com/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in the subject line of your email: Human Resources Coordinator.
We thank all applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.