Pitblado Law is a business-minded law firm that cares about people, is passionate about our community and is driven by working together to enrich the lives and businesses we touch. We have a bold vision, and the only way to achieve it is by earning the trust of every client, every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Legal Assistant to support a Partner with a busy commercial practice with an emphasis on financing and secured transactions.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Coordinating client meetings, including scheduling rooms and arranging audio-visual equipment and catering, if needed.
- Conducting conflict searches, opening and closing files, preparation and finalization of time entry, file maintenance, preparation of statement of accounts and other general office duties.
- Reviewing and routing incoming mail and fax communications; preparing and processing outgoing mail and faxes; and arranging for specialized mail or messenger services
- Maintaining an organized electronic and physical filing system on a current basis.
- Independently conducting various due diligence searches related to the transactions (Corporate, Central Property Search, Bankruptcy, Bank Act, Court of Queen's Bench, Municipal Taxes, Sheriff's Office, Companies Office, Property Registry Offices, etc.).
- Analyzing and summarizing searches, identifying issues, and reports to the lawyer.
- Preparing, editing, formatting, printing, scanning and revising correspondence, memoranda, large transaction documents, reports, forms, labels and other printed material through dictation, copy typing or other instructions, as required.
- Preparing security documents, including Mortgages, Caveats, Security Agreements, Assignments, Trustee and Beneficial Owner Agreements and the like and all related documentation.
- Attending to registrations at Land Titles Offices and Personal Property Registry.
- Drafting correspondence and generating trust letters.
- Managing incoming and outgoing funds including calculation of requisition of funds for closings, mortgage financings etc.
- Other duties as required. Pitblado Law is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program;
- Extensive experience (minimum of 8 years) working in a commercial financing practice.
- Experience in the area of Real Estate and Corporate law a definite asset.
- Self-motivated with the ability to display initiative and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure in order to meet client deadlines.
- Capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Sound judgment in high-pressure situations;
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at https://www.pitblado.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in Pitblado Law, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.