We are a downtown law firm, seeking an experienced Help Desk Technician to join our IT department. This position will provide end user support related to desktops, laptops, hand held devices, printers, scanners, VoIP phones, copiers and software application issues. The Help Desk is the initial point of contact and our technicians are responsible for gathering and analyzing the user’s request/issue by troubleshooting, resolving or escalating as needed, seeing the matter to a resolution. We are looking to hire a pro-active, organized technician with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with a diverse group of professionals. This position will be up to 35 hours per week with a requirement to work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responding to help desk requests and prioritizing tickets according to severity;
- Troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving hardware, software and telecommunications related issues as needed;
- Dealing with printers, telephones and copiers and performing minor preventive maintenance;
- Troubleshooting and resolving wireless connectivity problems;
- Supporting remote users connected via VPN - Watchguard;
- Meeting setup and support for video conferencing using web based conferencing systems and setting up audiovisual equipment as needed;
- Liaising with vendors regarding equipment, hardware and software related issues;
- Installing and configuring Windows; Solid knowledge of MS-Office Suite;
- Imaging workstations and laptops;
- Configuring and deploying desktops, laptops, and other equipment, as needed;
- Retaining ownership of issues/requests to conclusion; recording problem/solutions within the Help Desk tracking system;
- Refer to Help Desk problem log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble areas in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs;
- Maintaining and tracking inventory of all IT related devices (i.e. laptops, desktops, monitors, hand held devices, phones, etc.);
- Working on projects associated with desktop support related tasks such as roll outs, upgrades and new products;
- Making changes to network and systems access, setting up, changing, and terminating email accounts;
- Install, move, add and change (IMAC) computers, telephones and equipment;
- Responsible in configuring, troubleshooting of other devices such as iphone, ipad, tablets and other gadgets;
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in Information Technology or computer systems and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a helpdesk or IT support role;
- Proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems including setup & configuration, maintenance, software installation and troubleshooting;
- Experience with PC hardware support and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of Servers is considered an asset;
- Basic networking of servers/network architecture required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written;
- Self-motivated, proactive, analytical, a forward thinker;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple priorities simultaneously, with a sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion;
- Other duties as required;
- The ability to carry 50 pounds is required.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at http://www.pitblado.com/careers.
Please include in the subject line of your email: Help Desk Technician.
We thank all applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.