Pitblado Law is a business-minded law firm that cares about people, is passionate about our community and is driven by working together to enrich the lives and businesses we touch. We have a bold vision, and the only way to achieve it is by earning the trust of every client, every day.
We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to support a Partner with a busy Commercial Real Estate practice.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparing and completing all necessary documentation for commercial real estate purchase, sale and mortgage transactions from beginning to end;
- Independently conducting various due diligence searches related to the transactions (Corporate, Central Property Search, Bankruptcy, Bank Act, Court of Queen's Bench, Municipal Taxes, Sheriff's Office, Companies Office, Property Registry Offices, City of Winnipeg work orders, etc.);
- Preparing documents, including Mortgages, Caveats, Security Agreements, Assignments, Trustee and Beneficial Owner Agreements and all related documentation;
- Analyzing and summarizing searches, identifying issues, and reporting to the lawyer;
- Managing incoming and outgoing funds, requisitioning funds for closings, mortgage financings etc.;
- Preparing, editing, formatting, proofreading, printing, and scanning correspondence, memoranda, large transaction documents, reports and copy typing;
- Conducting conflict searches, opening and closing files, preparation, and finalization of time entry, file maintenance, preparation of statement of accounts and other general office duties;
- Reviewing and routing incoming mail and fax communications; preparing and processing outgoing mail and faxes; and arranging for mail or messenger services;
- Maintaining an organized electronic and physical filing system on a current basis;
- Drafting correspondence and generating trust letters;
- Other duties as required.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program;
- Extensive experience (minimum of 8 years) closing commercial real estate transactions. Sound knowledge of residential real estate transactions is an asset;
- Self-motivated with the ability to display initiative and work independently with minimal supervision; anticipates the next steps;
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure in order to meet client deadlines;
- Capacity to efficiently perform duties with speed and accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Sound judgment in high-pressure situations;
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence stating salary expectations and references by applying online at https://www.pitblado.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in Pitblado Law, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.