We are currently seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our team on a full-time, basis. This position is responsible for providing end user support related to desktops, laptops, handheld devices, printers, scanners, VoIP phones, copiers and software application issues. The Help Desk is the initial point of contact and our technicians are responsible for gathering and analysing the user’s request/issue by troubleshooting, resolving or escalating as needed, seeing the matter to a resolution. We are looking to hire a proactive, organized technician with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with a diverse group of professionals. This position will normally be 35 hours per week with a requirement to work on weekends and after-hours on occasion to conduct systems maintenance updates.
We are committed to addressing the importance of diversity and inclusion and fostering a workplace that reflects the strength and diversity of our community and our clients. If you identify as a member of a diverse group, including any of the following designated groups, we encourage you to self-declare in confidence within your cover letter or resume: Women, Indigenous Peoples, Members of the 2SLGBTQ+ Community, Persons with a Disability, Visible Minorities.
We are committed to providing barrier-free access and engaging in accessible employment practices. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to any of the materials or activities used throughout our selection process.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responding to help desk requests and prioritizing issues according to severity;
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving hardware, software, and VOIP telecommunications-related issues;
- Dealing with printers, telephones, and copiers and performing minor preventative maintenance;
- Troubleshooting and resolving wireless connectivity problems;
- Supporting remote users connected via VPN/2FA;
- Meeting setup and support for video conferencing using web-based conferencing systems and setting up audiovisual equipment as needed;
- Interact and maintain a positive working relationship with external vendors, MSP, and service providers;
- Liaising with vendors to resolve equipment and software related issues;
- Installing and configuring Windows based applications; Working knowledge of MS-365; SharePoint; OneDrive; Active Directory; and Group Policy;
- Imaging workstations and laptops;
- Configuring and deploying desktops, laptops, and other equipment, as needed;
- Retaining ownership of issues/requests to a conclusion; recording problems/solutions within the Help Desk tracking system;
- Refer to Help Desk problem log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble areas in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs;
- Maintaining and tracking inventory of all IT related devices (e.g., laptops, desktops, monitors, handheld devices, phones, etc.);
- Working on projects associated with desktop support related tasks such as rollouts, upgrades, and new products;
- Making changes to network and systems access, setting up, changing, and terminating accounts;
- Install, move, add, and change (IMAC) computers, telephones and equipment;
- Responsible for configuring and troubleshooting other devices such as iPhones, iPads/tablets, and other electronic devices;
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma in Information Technology or computer systems and a minimum of 2 years experience in a helpdesk or IT support role;
- Proficient knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems including setup & configuration, maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting;
- Experience with PC hardware support and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of virtual server platform is required;
- Knowledge of networking/network architecture required;
- Experience working with Microsoft 365 is required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal, and written;
- Self-motivated, proactive, analytical, and a forward thinker;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple priorities simultaneously, with a sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion;
- Experience working in the Legal Industry and IT security is considered an asset;
- The ability to carry up to 50 pounds.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, stating salary expectations by emailing [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals under consideration will be contacted.