At Pitblado Law, we believe our people, our culture, and the way we do business is important. That is why when we hire; we look for a combination of fit and skills.
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our team on a full-time basis. As the leader of our full-cycle accounting team, you will oversee the day-to-day accounting and finance operations and drive our financial processes and results. This role will be responsible to provide accurate, timely, and relevant information to internal and external stakeholders of the Firm, from which they are able to make informed decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads and oversees the day-to-day accounting operations, including general ledger ownership, accounts receivable, accounts payable, trust accounting, and payroll and is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate complet ion of the period-end close process;
- Works collaboratively with the Accounting project teams to ensure the successful implementation of the new Firm-wide ERP system (3E Financial Management)
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Finance to develop, measure, and report on key performance indicators, including revenue and expense analysis, variance explanations, business cases, special projects, treasury management, and the budgeting and forecasting process
- Enforces the Firm’s financial policies and procedures in accordance with best practices to manage risk and safeguard assets, and actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives by recommending and implementing changes to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Acts as a key liaison between Accounting and operations to address informational needs
- Supports the Accounting team by providing mentorship, initiating professional growth opportunities, and by being a positive change agent to all stakeholders
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of the Director of Finance
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) with a minimum of five years of progressive and relevant accounting experience preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent
- Experienced leader, with well-developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications required, and experience with systems implementation is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to skilfully convey technical concepts to meet the informational needs of key stakeholders
- Demonstrates initiative, strong business acumen, critical thinking, and analytical skills to drive performance
- COVID-19 vaccination (fully immunized status) is a condition of employment.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including RRSP/DPSP plan.
We are committed to addressing the importance of diversity and inclusion and fostering a workplace that reflects the strength and diversity of our community and our clients. If you identify as a member of a diverse group, including any of the following designated groups, we encourage you to self-declare in confidence within your cover letter or resume: Women, Indigenous Peoples, Members of the 2SLGBTQ+ Community, Persons with a Disability, Visible Minorities.
We are committed to providing barrier-free access and engaging in accessible employment practices. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to any of the materials or activities used throughout our selection process.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, stating salary expectations and references by applying via email at [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals under consideration will be contacted.