As a Legal Assistant – Floater with Pitblado Law, you will provide legal administrative and clerical support to lawyers in various practice areas. You will be assisting with overflow work, providing coverage during a Legal Assistant’s vacation/sick leave, and for extended leaves of absence. In this position, you will have the advantage of working with many different lawyers and get exposure to various areas of law. If you have 1+ years experience in a law firm environment, have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated, and eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to addressing the importance of diversity and inclusion. If you identify with any of the following designated groups, we encourage you to self-declare in confidence within your cover letter or resume: Women, Indigenous Peoples, Members of the LGBTQ2S Community, Persons with a Disability, Visible Minorities.
- Draft, transcribe and revise correspondence and legal documents from instructions and precedents;
- Proofread, edit, and format documents;
- Maintain established filing system, manual or electronic;
- Open and close files, conduct conflict searches, regular entry of lawyer timesheets and billing;
- Liaise with staff, clients, outside agencies and the general public;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times; and
- Other duties, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal program;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (typographical, spelling, grammatical, word usage and formatting errors);
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task, display initiative and use sound judgment;
- Ability to work well independently and follow instructions with little supervision;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with MS Office; and
- Ability to maintain confidential information and discretion.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, stating salary expectations and references by emailing [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals under consideration will be contacted.
COVID-19 vaccination (fully immunized with at least 2 doses of accepted COVID-19 vaccines or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is a condition of employment.