Your Pitblado Law lawyer will give you the advice and support you need to ensure that your non-profit organization can focus its complete attention on fulfilling its mission, changing lives, and making the community a better place to live.
We will work with you to make sure that you are in complete and consistent regulatory compliance and in compliance with all Canada Revenue Agency regulations governing non-profit organizations, not-for-profit corporations, and charitable organizations.
Pitblado Law will help you:
- Obtain charitable status
- Create an appropriate and effective organizational structure
- Develop or revise your mission and vision statements to ensure that you are clearly defined as a charity
- Develop and sustain effective corporate governance practices (your Pitblado Law lawyer will attend your Annual General Meeting)
- Establish and run planned giving programs, including the development of donor agreements
- Raise funds in a tax-efficient way
Pitblado Law offers a broad range of services to help non-profit organizations, including societies, trade organizations, faith groups, private family foundations, and charities of all types. We can help you address issues related to tax, human resources, insurance, and other areas where effective counsel is needed.
At Pitblado, we are proud that many of our lawyers and staff are active community volunteers and generous donors. We care deeply about the success of Manitoba’s not-for-profit organizations, for these organizations make life better for everyone. Our admiration and enthusiasm are reflected in our work.