Following a three year term as VP Corporate Counsel for a national trucking company, Benjamin joined Pitblado Law in 2009, became a Partner in 2011, appointed to the Executive Committee in 2012, and became Managing Partner in 2013.
Over 25 years experience in the Labour and Employment field. Focuses on providing advice to management in both union and non-union workplaces. Represents clients in all employment related matters including proceedings before labour boards, administrative tribunals and in court. Benjamin negotiates collective agreements and drafts workplace policies and employment agreements.
Lectures, Speeches and Publications:
- Interviewed by The Lawyers Weekly, “Lazer Beams In From Afar, But Lawyers More Cautious”, March 2016
- Interviewed by Snow Manager Magazine, “Who’s at Fault? Collisions and traffic infractions on the job” by Lea Currie, March 2016
- Interviewed by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, “Winnipeg: holding steady” City Report Feature by Shannon Kari, March 2015
- Interviewed by Lawyers Weekly, “Fresh approach to schmoozing” by Geoff Kirbyson, August 15, 2014
- Presenter, Terminations of Employment, Manitoba Aviation Council Symposium, March 7, 2014
- Presenter, Disability Management, Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute, Manitoba Region, February 20, 2014
Memberships and Associations:
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association