Carly studied Politics and International Development Studies at the University of Winnipeg. She participated in the Odyssey program, which took her to a small-town in Quebec. There, she taught English in an elementary school and became fluent in French.
Carly completed her law degree at the University of Ottawa, which included internships at the Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada and a non-profit organization that facilitates access to justice for persons with disabilities. She was a caseworker at the university legal clinic, representing survivors of child and domestic abuse in their claims for compensation.
Upon graduation in 2015, Carly articled at the national office of a large union, providing support for internal union matters and policy development, arbitrations and matters before labour boards.
Since returning to Winnipeg, her hometown, she has practiced immigration and refugee law, family law, administrative law and human rights. Carly is excited to focus on labour and employment law
In her spare time, Carly enjoys spending time with friends and family, attending concerts and enjoying the arts, practicing yoga and volunteering.
Lectures, Speeches and Publications:
- Co-author, Social Media Guidelines, Canadian Union of Public Employees, 2016
- Presenter, Human Rights Law Update for Canadian Union of Public Employees Equality Staff, 2016
- Author of newsletter article for REACH, Inclusive Education: Building and Maintaining Accessible Schools under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2013
- Co-author of briefing note for the Just Governance Group, The Duty to Consult in Canada, 2012
- Author of article for the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives Manitoba, Supporting Refugee Youth through Community Connections, 2010
Honours and Awards:
- Newton Rowell Scholarship, University of Ottawa, 2011
- Education Award, Jewish Foundation of Manitoba, 2011-2014
- Isbister Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Winnipeg, 2007
- Bernie and Marge Wiebe Scholarship, Menno Simons College, 2008
- D.J. Jessiman Scholarship in Politics, University of Winnipeg, 2008
- Folklorama Mark and Dorothy Danzker Scholarship, 2006
Memberships and Associations:
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canada Bar Association
- Operation Ezra: Yazidi Resettlement Winnipeg
- MTC/MBA Lawyer Play 2019