Senior Counsel to the firm.
Jack has extensive local, national and international experience in matters of Aboriginal and Constitutional law, Succession Planning and Taxation and Alternate Dispute Resolution, particularly Mediation. He negotiates in both the public and private sectors and has appeared before all levels of provincial and federal courts including many appearances before the Supreme Court of Canada. His practice includes extensive policy development in the public sector and policy, planning and structuring on behalf of a broad range of private business clients from fiscal, structural and emotional perspectives.
- Order of Canada, 2004
- Past Director Manitoba Hydro and the Health Sciences Centre, amongst many others
- University of Manitoba Campbell Outreach Award
- Governor General of Canada’s 125 Medal
- 3M Fellowship for Outstanding Canadian Teaching
- Eagle Feather
- Nominated Journalist and Commentator, ACTRA Awards
Academic and Professional:
- Recognized as the 2014 Best Lawyers® in Canada “Lawyer of the Year – Winnipeg” in the area of Aboriginal Law and listed in the Best Lawyers® as one of Canada’s top lawyers for Aboriginal Law
- Former Professor and Dean, Faculty of Law University of Manitoba
- Founding Chair, Manitoba Law Foundation
- Queen’s Counsel Manitoba, 1983