Kara received her Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba. Prior to studying law, she completed a 3-year Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Winnipeg. Throughout law school, Kara worked at the Manitoba Bar Association in various different roles.
Kara currently sits on the Board of Directors for Bravestone Centre: a non-profit charitable organization that provides women and children affected by domestic violence with safe housing, counselling, advocacy and support programs.
- Board Member, Bravestone Centre, 2018 – Present
- Volunteer, Alpha House, 2017
- Researcher, “Sisters of Fire: Legal Privacy Rights of Indigenous Women Living with HIV” through Pro Bono Students Canada and Ka Ni Kanichihk, 2016 – 2017
Honours and Awards
- Yude M. Henteleff Award in Human Rights and Civil Liberties, 2018
- Hogg Centennial Entrance Scholarship, 2011
Memberships and Associations
- Manitoba Metis Federation
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association