Practices in most areas of civil litigation with emphasis in commercial, insurance and professional liability and discipline disputes.
Lectures, Speeches and Publications:
- Co-Author and Presenter, “Expert Opinion Evidence”, Law Society of Manitoba, 2015
- Co-Author (with Karen Poetker), “How you can avoid common Errors and Omissions Problems”, Manitoba Insurance Broker Magazine, December 2013
- Author and Presenter, “2013 Annual Joint Family Law Program” (Shareholder Oppression Remedy), Law Society of Manitoba, 2013
- Co-Author and Presenter, “When the Family Business Fails” (Shareholder Oppression Remedy), Law Society of Manitoba, 2011
- Chaired Panel, Remedies, Pitblado Lectures, 2011
- Successfully prosecuted claim for security alarm dealer against subsidiary of large telco for breach of contract. Judgment awarded of close to $3 million including $750,000.00 in solicitor and client costs for corporate misconduct. See Rosenberg et al v. Securtek Monitoring Solutions Inc., 2020 MBQB 38.
- Successfully defended claim for $1.8 million in damages for breach of grant of easement and prescriptive easement. Claim for prescriptive easement dismissed. Damages awarded $25,000.00 not $1.8 million. Costs of the action awarded to the Defendant. See St. Boniface Warehousing Ltd. v. BBD Holdings Ltd., 2019 MBQB 181. Not appealed.
- Obtained a trial judgment in April, 2016 for $10.7 million for vendors of a successful insurance brokerage against the buyer of the brokerage. The case involved issues of rectification and interpretation of two share purchase agreements. See Elias et al v. Western Financial Group Inc 2016 MBQB 75 (CanLII).
- Acted for Government of Canada in Canadian Wheat Board Litigation, 2006 – 2010
- Acted for successful Plaintiff in leading shareholders oppression case of Cholakis v. Cholakis, 2005 – 2010
Academic and Professional:
- Listed in Benchmark Canada 2020 Report as "Manitoba Litigator of the Year"
- Listed in Benchmark 2016 Report as "Manitoba Litigator of the Year" and awarded one of the five "Impact Cases of the Year" for Canada
- Regularly listed in Benchmark Canada's Reports as a Litigation Star and regularly nominated as "Manitoba Litigator of the Year"
- Regularly listed in Lexpert directory as "Repeatedly Recommended" for Commercial Litigation
Memberships and Associations:
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Bar Association
- Blue Goose Insurance Association