Head of the firm's Securities and Corporate Finance practice areas.
Tom represents issuers, brokers, underwriters and investors in a variety of corporate finance and securities related matters.
Tom's practice includes entertainment law, business immigration and general corporate commercial law.
Lectures, Speeches and Publications:
- Established and taught for several years “Securities Regulation in Canada” Course, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba
- Analyzing Commercial Transactions to Identify Securities Law Issues, Law Society of Manitoba
- Solicitors’ Opinions – Basics and Beyond, Law Society of Manitoba
Memberships and Associations:
- Member, Advisory Committee to the Manitoba Securities Commission
- Appointed Public Member, Local District Council, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)
- Appointed Public Member, Prairie Regional Council, The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Manitoba Music, 2016
Academic and Professional:
- Former Assistant Counsel, Manitoba Securities Commission
- Co-Chair Securities Law Subsection, Manitoba Bar Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers® as one of Canada’s top lawyers in Securities Law
- Recognized as “Best Lawyers® 2012 Winnipeg Securities Law Lawyer of the Year” in the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers® in Canada (Woodward/White)
- Recognized as one of Canada’s leading lawyers in the areas of Securities Law and Corporate Law in the 2006-2019 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Woodward/White)
- Recognized as a leading practitioner by Lexpert® and repeatedly recommended in the annual Canadian Legal Lexpert® Survey
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba