- Successfully prosecuted claim for security alarm dealer against subsidiary of large telco for breach of contract. Judgment awarded of close to $3 million including $750,000.00 in solicitor and client costs for corporate misconduct. See Rosenberg et al v. Securtek Monitoring Solutions Inc., 2020 MBQB 38 (CanLII).
- Successfully defended claim for $1.8 million in damages for breach of grant of easement and prescriptive easement. Claim for prescriptive easement dismissed. Damages awarded $25,000.00 not $1.8 million. Costs of the action awarded to the Defendant. See St. Boniface Warehousing Ltd. v. BBD Holdings Ltd., 2019 MBQB 181 (CanLII). Not appealed.
- Obtained a trial judgment in April, 2016 for $10.7 million for vendors of a successful insurance brokerage against the buyer of the brokerage. The case involved issues of rectification and interpretation of two share purchase agreements. See Elias et al v. Western Financial Group Inc 2016 MBQB 75 (CanLII); reversed on appeal 2017 MBCA 110.
- Acted for Government of Canada in Canadian Wheat Board Litigation: 2007 FC 807 affirmed at 2008 FCA 76; 2008 FC 769 reversed at 2009 FCA 214.
- Acted for successful Plaintiff in leading shareholders oppression case of Cholakis v. Cholakis et al, 2006 MBQB 91 as affirmed at 2007 MBCA 156.
Steve practices in most areas of civil litigation with emphasis in commercial, insurance and professional liability, and discipline disputes. He is regularly recognized by publications such as Lexpert and is Listed in Benchmark Canada 2020 Report as "Manitoba Litigator of the Year".