We understand that pension law is a highly specialized and ever-changing area of law. Our pension group has extensive experience providing advice concerning:
- Legislative compliance reviews of new/existing pension plans, including multi-jurisdictional plans
- Preparation of and amendments to pension plan text, trust agreements and supporting documentation
- Reviews and preparation of executive compensation arrangements, including supplemental executive pension plans and individual pension plans
- Tax compliance reviews
- Preparation of plan and pension committee governance documentation and reviews to ensure practices and procedures comply with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Opinions relating to plan mergers, full or partial termination of plans, surplus entitlements, contribution holidays and responsibility for payment of plan expenses.
Pitblado’s pension group is supported by the litigation, tax, and employment groups as required. Our clients include pension plan administrators, employer-sponsors and plan member groups of large provincial and multi-jurisdictional pension plans.