Ensuring your rights are protected.
Pitblado lawyers are well-known in Canada for their work in the areas of Human Rights and we continue to be proud of our accomplishments. A number of our Partners have been involved in significant national decisions and initiatives in this area.
We help businesses, and governing bodies, to meet their human rights obligations related to employment, tenancy, and the provision of services to the public. We help develop human rights policies that comply with the Charter of Human Rights and the Human Rights Code, employment and workers compensation legislation, and provide representation in mediations and proceedings when complaints are filed.
We also provide advice and representation to those who have been terminated from work, denied access to a service, professional license, or benefit they are entitled to under the law at all levels of the decision-making process. The Human Rights Group's services include:
- Developing proactive strategies, including conflict audits, to prevent human rights problems and effectively resolve human rights complaints
- Developing and implementing human rights policies, with related training, to avoid costly conflict that often irreparably damages organizational and trust capital
- Representing clients before human rights tribunals, adjudication tribunals, and the courts, and helping resolve human rights problems with progressive dispute resolution techniques and creative strategies
- Advising professional regulatory bodies on professional regulation and discipline, including admission criteria, admission of foreign trained professionals, and human rights complaints
- Advising educational institutions on all aspects of education policy and administration, including admission standards, student discipline, accommodation of disabilities, and systemic discrimination