Donald MacDonald, Vice-President and Counsel of Investors Group Financial Services Inc. will receive theLifetime Achievement Award at the 2013 Western Canada General Counsel Awards.
Don will be recognized at a gala dinner on November 4, 2013 at the Fairmont Palliser in Calgary, Alberta.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to a senior member of the in-house counsel bar who has made a real difference within their company as well as with the external counsel who have worked alongside them during their careers. The winner has the broadest possible range of accomplishments – the ability to run the complicated deals, the major litigation, the handling of governance issues as well as employment and regulatory matters. They have also made a lasting contribution to their work community and the community at large.
Don has been with Investors Group since 1994 and has amassed many accomplishments over the years. Here are just a few highlights:
- Oversees the delivery of legal services to Investors Group Financial Services Inc. and its affiliates, including the oversight of over 140 mutual funds and over 100 offices across Canada with more than 4,500 Consultants working in a wide range of products and services.
- Oversaw Investors Group Inc.’s initial registration, as a founding member, of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”).
- Active involvement and leadership in the Manitoba Bar Association, the Investment Funds Institute of Canada and the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association.
- Executive, Board and volunteer positions with CancerCare Manitoba, Seven Oaks General Hospital, Golf Manitoba Inc. and The Queen’s Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada.
- Recipient of the very first Investors Group “President’s Lifetime Volunteer Achievement Award” in 2007.
Pitblado Law was proud to nominate Don for this prestigious award. We are pleased to recognize Don as a legal and community leader, friend and long-time client of the firm. Congratulations to Don on this well-deserved honour.
See the full list of 2013 WCGCA finalists.
Don MacDonald of Investors Group to receive Lifetime Achievement Award (Financial Post, 09/10/2013)