Joe brings tremendous business and practical insight, as well as technical excellence, to the table. As a trusted advisor, he works intimately his clients.
While Joe has handled deals of all types, he is especially knowledgeable with the Insurance and Aviation industries, including their technology needs. He led the $80 million Manitoba Blue Cross Claims Processing Solution Project.
He deals with both commercial and regulatory sides of transportation, buying, selling, leasing and financing aircraft and air carriers, and protecting document holders against regulatory action.
Lectures, Speeches, and Publications:
- Co-Author (with Philip Sheps), “Buying or selling a brokerage business“, Manitoba Insurance Broker Magazine, Fall 2013
- Author, “Meeting Client Risk”, Manitoba Insurance Broker Magazine, Spring 2016
- Honourary British Consul - Winnipeg
- Past Chair, Manitoba Chamber of Commerce, 2004 – 2005
- Past Chair, Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce, 1998 – 1999
- Founding Member, Manitoba Trade Corridor Partners Committee
- Referee and masters competitor, Rowing Canada
- Director, Manitoba Aviation Council
- Recipient, Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee Medal for Community Service
- President, Winnipeg Rowing Club Building Company Limited
- Founding Chair, Winnipeg Airport Authority Community Consultation Committee
Academic and Professional:
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Chair, Manitoba Bar Association Transportation and Air Law Section
- Executive Member and Past National Chair, Canadian Bar Association Air & Space Law Section
- Listed by the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory as one of Canada's top Aviation Lawyers, 2016
- Instrumental in Manitoba’s adoption of the Cape Town Convention
- Numerous seminars, presentations, and papers on insurance and aviation issues